The focus of the journal is to bring together researchers, practitioners, policymakers, and other stakeholders to exchange ideas, knowledge, and best practices in order to improve health outcomes of populations and to promote sustainable development.
Scope and Topics of Interest:
The Journal of Excellence in Wellness and Environmental Studies (EWES) has a broad scope, covering a variety of topics of interest related to the environment, health, and well-being. Among these topics are, but are not limited to:
Well-being for quality of life
Smart Built Environment
Environment, Health, and Wellbeing
Quality of Healthcare
Innovative health metrics and big data analysis
Operational Research in Quality Health Services
Telemedicine and alternative models of quality healthcare
Innovative research in Environmental Studies
Launching the Journal of Excellence in Wellness and Environmental Studies can bring several key benefits for Hamdan bin Mohammed Smart University. Here are a few of the most important benefits:
- Increased visibility and recognition: Launching a peer-reviewed journal can increase the university's visibility and recognition in the international academic community.
- Attraction of high-quality research: The journal will serve as a venue for publishing high-quality research from both local and international authors, thereby contributing to the university's and the UAE's academic reputation.
- Academic exchange and collaboration will be facilitated: The journal will facilitate academic exchange and collaboration among researchers, practitioners, and policymakers both locally and internationally.
- Interdisciplinary research promotion: Because the journal's scope includes both public health and environmental science, it will encourage interdisciplinary research and collaboration.
- Contribution to sustainable development: By promoting research in the fields of public health and environmental science, the journal will help to ensure the UAE's and other countries' long-term development.
- Improved health outcomes: The journal will serve as a forum for the exchange of knowledge and best practices in public health, potentially leading to better health outcomes for populations.
- Economic benefits: The journal is expected to generate revenue once it is indexed in reputable bodies such as Scopus and has demonstrated consistent publication proficiency.
The journal's goal is to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and knowledge among a diverse group of stakeholders, including academics and researchers, policymakers, practitioners, and individuals interested in environmental and health issues. A wide range of professionals will be interested in the journal, including:
University and College Professors
Individuals Interested in Environment and Sustainable Development
Researchers and Scientists in the fields of public health and environmental science
Policymakers, practitioners, and stakeholders involved in promoting sustainable development and improving health outcomes of populations.
Multilateral Organizations (World Bank, WHO, UN Agencies)